Whether about home construction or purchasing materials, Tameer Easy makes everything easy. Now, you can learn all about construction from the comfort of your home and conveniently obtain guaranteed construction materials from Tameer Easy’s online store at the most affordable prices compared to the market. With this announcement, we kickstarted our article today, where we will be discussing aluminum windows.
As you know, windows are a crucial and fundamental part of a home. Just like the need for proper guidance and inspection in other stages of construction, it’s equally important to keep some fundamental aspects in mind when installing windows.
Similar to the considerations made during other construction phases, paying attention to certain essential factors when installing windows is vital. These include choosing the right materials for window installation, selecting the appropriate design, and determining the optimal orientation for windows in different rooms. Nowadays, aluminum windows are widely in use. Therefore, let’s delve into discussing these windows in detail.
What are Aluminium Windows?
The frames of aluminum windows are constructed using aluminum, which is a lightweight and durable metal. Due to its properties, windows with frames made of aluminum are referred to as aluminum windows. These frames provide stability and structural support, allowing us to develop window frames that span larger areas without compromising strength.
Key Features of Aluminium Windows
- First and foremost, aluminum windows boast exceptional durability. Aluminum is inherently resistant to corrosion and rust, making these windows highly resilient and suitable for various weather conditions.
- Another significant feature of aluminum windows is their low maintenance requirement. They do not need frequent painting and are stain-resistant.
- Moreover, they are remarkably lightweight compared to their iron counterparts, making them much easier to handle.
- One of the standout attributes is their energy efficiency. Modern aluminum windows often incorporate thermal breaks or insulated frames, enhancing their energy-saving capabilities.
- Design flexibility is another advantage, as aluminum windows come in various styles to match architectural designs.
- Additionally, these windows are eco-friendly, as aluminum can be easily recycled and reused. This makes them environment-friendly and contributes to their overall eco-efficiency.
- Furthermore, aluminum windows are resistant to pests. Unlike wooden windows and doors prone to termite infestations or other insect damage, aluminum remains impervious to such threats.
In summary, aluminum windows provide a remarkable combination of durability, low maintenance, energy efficiency, design versatility, eco-friendliness, and resistance to pests.
Where Can We Use Aluminium Windows?
Different shapes and a wide range of colors are available for aluminum windows. We can create different types of windows with them, including sliding, fixed, and openable windows. Additionally, aluminum doors can be crafted for commercial and residential purposes. These windows are predominantly chosen for their durability, aesthetic appeal, and versatility.
What are UPVC Windows?
UPVC stands for Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, commonly referred to as vinyl windows. These windows feature frames made of UPVC material; similarly, doors and building components are crafted from it. The popularity of these windows has recently increased due to their numerous advantages, which we’ll discuss in detail shortly.
These windows often have glass panels, which can be double-glazed or single-glazed. The glass can be tempered or non-tempered. Tempered glass provides safety in accidents, whereas non-tempered glass carries a higher risk of breakage.
Key Features of UPVC Material
- First and foremost, one of its key features is its energy efficiency. This is attributed to its excellent insulation, which reduces heat transfer, enhancing the building’s overall energy efficiency and providing a cooling effect.
- Another significant advantage is its low maintenance. UPVC windows do not require any form of paint and do not need regular or periodic maintenance. Its color is an integrated part of the material, eliminating the need for repainting.
- UPVC windows are weather-resistant, protecting homes from heat, cold, rain, sunlight, and wind.
- They also offer noise reduction benefits, as they typically prevent external noise transmission, contributing to a quieter and more serene environment.
- In terms of security, UPVC windows can incorporate a multi-locking system, bolstering the building’s security.
- Moreover, UPVC windows are eco-friendly, as the entire UPVC material is recyclable.
- Their longevity and toughness are also remarkable, which can be fashioned into various sizes and shapes to allow for personalization.
Due to these benefits, UPVC windows are a more and more popular option nowadays.
Cost of UPVC Windows
In terms of cost, UPVC windows are considered cost-effective. However, when high-grade materials are used, the cost of UPVC windows can increase compared to aluminum windows. Nevertheless, due to the other advantages we discussed earlier, the utilization of UPVC windows is on the rise.
Important Points to Consider While Installing Windows
Let’s begin by discussing aluminum windows. When installing aluminum windows, certain safety measures need to be followed.
- The person handling aluminum windows should wear safety gloves due to the presence of sharp edges that could pose a risk of injury.
- Accurate measurements are crucial for aluminum windows. Any gaps or inaccuracies after installation can impact their performance. Proper level and alignment are essential.
- Aluminum frames are typically sealed and aligned during installation to minimize the chances of domestic water supply leakage and seepage. Weatherproofing is also carried out, involving caulking and flushing around the edges of the windows to improve resistance to water infiltration, energy efficiency, and sound insulation.
- Suitable fasteners are used in aluminum windows for durability. Care must be taken during installation to avoid scratches that might affect functionality.
Moving on to UPVC windows, let’s discuss the precautions to take during installation.
- Firstly, ensure proper ventilation due to using materials that might release fumes.
- Correctly using sealants and adhesives is crucial to achieving an airtight installation. Use recommended materials to ensure a proper seal.
- Additionally, allow for thermal expansion by leaving appropriate gaps. Installation should be carried out gently, avoiding excessive force or hammering.
- Profiles are cleaned before installation to prevent dust particles from interfering with sealing.
- Opening and closing the windows during test operations after installation ensures smooth operation and proper fastening. Hardware functionality is examined to make sure there are no problems down the road.
We hope you now understand what aluminum windows are, what types are available, and the materials required for their construction. Contact us at tameereasy if you require any assistance or have any questions.