- Always use fully-cooked bricks during construction.
- Make sure to water the brickwork regularly, known as curing.
- Use clean sand while making mortar for construction.
- Make sure to keep the joints’ line proper.
- Always keep the brick frog (empty space) towards the upside.
- Apply mortar on each joint to avoid small cracks.
- Make sure to keep the brick size, shape and edges even.
- Try to use the mortar within two hours of its making.
- Never used under-cooked bricks in construction.
- Never use bricks without watering them.
- Make sure that you never use the incorrect ratio of water, cement and sand.
- Never erect 4.5 inches of brick walls more than 3 to 4 feet daily.
- Never keep the brick joints uneven.
- The quantity of mortar between joints should not be more than 10 to 12 mm.