- Always remove filled material or debris from the surface before starting the excavation.
- Try to complete the construction activity soon after excavating and close the excavated area.
- Ensure to keep the excavation for walls up to 2 to 3 feet.
- For water tank excavation, keep a distance of 4 feet from the outer street.
- While excavating the basement, take care of your neighbours’ building.
- Never start the foundation over mud, debris or organic/inorganic material.
- Try not to do this work on rainy days.
- Ensure no hidden services like cables or pipes are in the excavated area.
- Never keep the excavated area open for a long time.