- Always hire an engineer to design the foundation.
- Level the whole surface before starting the foundation.
- Ensure good compaction on the surface and termite-proofing spray as well.
- Always use first-class and fully-cooked bricks in the foundation.
- Prepare bricks for the foundation at least two days before starting the work.
- Use a mixture of sand and cement (mortar) for the foundation brickwork.
- Make mortar in a quantity that can be used in 3-4 hours.
- Never start the foundation unless the surface is fully compacted.
- During brickwork in the foundation, never put the empty side of the brick downwards.
- Always ensure the contractor does not use uncooked bricks in the foundation.
- Never disturb the 1:4 ratio of mortar in any case.
- Never start the foundation process before checking the water level underneath using a water levelling instrument.