Islamabad: The National Highways Authority (NHA) Executive Board has recommended that the PC-I for building the Lahore Bypass be approved by the National Economic Council Executive Committee (ECNEC). With an estimated cost of Rs 62.377 billion, it will run from KSK exit to KLM and link to Multan Road.
The management has thoroughly evaluated the PC-I for the Construction of the Lahore Bypass from Kala Shah Kaku Exit to KLM to Multan Road Near Radio Station (40 Km). They forwarded it to the ECNEC for additional consideration.
In addition, the NHA Executive Board has approved the selection of M/s Frontier Works Organisation. The lowest evaluated bidder to perform the upgrades and rehabilitation work on KKH N-35, specifically between KM 190 and 292 (Thakot-Dassu). According to CSR-2022, the evaluated bid price for Infrastructure project is Rs 4.513 billion, a 22.5 percent increase over estimate. WAPDA and NHA will each contribute 75% of the project’s costs, with the remaining 25% going to other parties.
The assessed bid amount for Infrastructure project is Rs 2.022 billion. It is 101.54 percent more than the engineer’s original estimate of Rs 1.003 billion based on CSR-2014. This approval, however, is contingent on both the updated PC-I receiving approval from the competent forum and sufficient funding.
The Board has also awarded M/s PEAS Consulting (Pvt) Ltd a contract for consulting services. The agreed-upon price for this consulting service is Rs. 89.517 million, which includes direct non-salary costs, salary costs, and all applicable taxes, including GST.
Last but not least, the NHA Executive Board has unveiled a new method of service area procurement. They have made the decision to award various vacant lots in existing service areas. Because they are advantageous for commercial activity individually and under predetermined procedures. Additionally, rather than giving the entire site to one operator, they will split locations into small pieces.